Monday, April 14, 2014

Hexipuff-a-go-go

The hexipuffs are going very well. I joke with my husband that these are now my spoor; wherever I go, I leave teeny pillows behind me. I've been TA'ing a lot, and they are small enough to work on without being disruptive to the classes. (Lecture classes are hard to TA for. Lots of sitting for information I already know = prime knitting time.)

The amusing side effect is that I don't have as much scrap yarn as I thought I did. I was sure I had a plastic bag jam packed full of sock ends, but damn if I can find it. I do have a few remnants running around, but this means I've started to get creative. I have a skein of 50g of sock yarn that something weird happened to, where it just started to break at random points, so that's all going into the blanket. I had a sock that the washing machine ate a while back and I couldn't bear to throw out...I'm going to try to recycle it into hexipuff form, so I can remember it. I have a couple of pairs of socks that I knit that never quite worked for me. I'm eyeballing those, too. Daven asked why I didn't just buy more yarn (ha ha ha, like I need an excuse), and I think it is because I want this to be mostly a reminder and remainder project.

With that in mind, I need to start working on all of these sock projects I have roaming around. A. I need more socks and B. I need more remnants! Besides, these things are like constantly casting on toe up socks and I feel like I'm stiffing myself on the full sock experience. :)

No comments: