Sunday, October 19, 2008

This is normal, right?

I love my loom. I also love my husband for letting me turn our living room into a den of fibre.

We swapped out the leather cords for the new plastic coated metal ones yesterday (with a little bit of a learning curve, but we figured it out). The warp was what came on the loom when we bought it, and though it's old (I had one thread snap, but I was able to work it back in later), it's so damn freeing to be able to do whatever I want with it. This is a bit of sampler type work, though I've settled into a nice herringbone pattern that pleases me greatly. The basket of wool was from some friends who picked up a bunch of needlepoint wool and gave it to me. It was a bit too itchy to knit with, but it's perfect for weaving!

I know that I'll probably be griping later on about setting up the warp, but being able to just weave is such a gift. I'd forgotten how quickly it goes when you're just workin' away.

Glee!

No comments: