Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I feel like Father Christmas roughed me up.

I was spinning this. It's lovely, but I've never spun anything with angelina before. It sheds like a mad thing, and now I'm covered with glittery stuff. You know the icicle stuff that you use (or maybe used to use...I haven't done it in a while) when decorating a Christmas tree? This is like that, but with a hideous pervasiveness that I was unprepared for. I was even being a good little spinner and using my drop cloth. (IE, folded in half pillowcase.) And yet, it kind of exploded everywhere, like an elf...er...I'll refrain from my usual comparison, but I'm sure there must be a shot for that sort of thing.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be spinning random sparklies into my yarn for the foreseeable future. At least it's cheerful.

No comments: