Thursday, March 26, 2009

Surprising to no one.

With my recent obsessive reading up on Vikings, it was only a matter of time before I tried my hand at naalbinding. (Vikings did not knit. They tied extremely complicated knots with the assistance of one large needle. Totally different.)

Luckily, I came across this handy website, which pretty much spells out how to do it in very easy terms. Once you get going, it goes pretty quickly, though I've not made anything more than something the size of a quarter. It is fun, though I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

Just one more way to play with string. :)

1 comment:

Happygoth said...

Wow. It's like chainmail, but with yarn.

I am surprised to learn that this is not where you began fiber things! And also, apparently you can make pants this way.