Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In which there are rambles.

So, all of our stuff is transferred from point A to point B. All of point A was painted and the keys mailed off (registered mail, since we never heard back from our former landlady).

My wheel has been set up in the living room, so I can be relatively near to the hubby, as well as have streaming music and spinny goodness. I've got the grey sweater out to finish off...but I've only done one little seam so far. I'm much better at knitting than I am at finishing, but I think a lot of people experience that.

Still no word on the job front, which means that I continue to be a stress-monkey. However, I should be heading down to visit Jennie and Laura and Linz, and since I'll be going on official business, I won't have to pay for the vast majority of it. Yay! I apparently keep a whole snotload of talented friends in one general area. I'll go play with string at them, and they can be awesome in my general direction.

I always feel somewhat lame for not being an artist, as that really was my intent when I was younger. All of those classes and now I'm a quasi-techie managerial type. Enh. However, many years ago I figured out that I'm a pretty handy crafter, but not so good on the artist part. I tend to be better with shaping with my hands (yes, I enjoyed sculpture) and string seems to be what I get along best with. Channelled creativity (ie. patterns) is good for me; the creation from new and novel ideas... not so much. I can tweak the hell out of patterns if so inspired, but I tend to be better at adapting other people's ideas than coming up with my own, which leads to a general sense of ripping people off if you're drawing what amounts to a recreation of their work. This is encouraged with knitting; not as much with drawing.

Er, I've gotten distracted somewhere. And now, your turn.

Look, shiny thing! *scampers off to lift heavy things*

No comments: