Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not having to do with anything else...

Yet effecting everything.

Since last Monday, I've been dizzy. Specifically, I've had vertigo. On Thursday, I figured that this should have passed if it was going away on its own, and I went to a walk-in clinic. A nice long wait and a blood draw later, I was placed on bed rest and given a Rx for anti-dizziness.

I'm still dizzy.

It comes in waves, and it feels like the whole world is rushing past me. I haven't fallen yet, but it worries me.

I'm sleeping a lot. I've averaged a 3-4 hour nap every afternoon since seeing the doc, and I'm sleeping in, too, but I'm still tired and woozy.

The best way I can describe it is like being slightly drunk. All. The. Time. With none of the fun parts associated with being drunk, because this isn't on purpose and therefore just isn't a whole lot of fun.

I should have the blood work results by Monday. I hope they are indicative of *something*. Because otherwise, the doc told me to find a neurologist and see about getting an MRI.

I don't think I have to tell you that the combination of "bed rest" and "neurologist" freaks me the heck out.

This is part of why I haven't posted my September photos. My attention span is ridiculously reduced. I've got a sore neck from tensing it during the dizzy spells, and usually have a nice stress headache from the neck tension.

Amusingly, I've started on a really elaborate and complicated project and it is going well...because I *have* to stick to the chart. I don't feel like I can "cheat" by memorizing the pattern. Almost every row is unique, and that is working out just fine with me.

So. If you could cross your fingers that it is one of the suspects that the doc had in mind (anemia or my thyroid freaking out), it would be appreciated.


EyeceKnits said...

Oh, I hope it's something easy!

I had a similar episode last year as a follow-on to a cold. Basically it was a viral infection of my inner ear that went away on its own after 3 weeks. Not at all a fun 3 weeks - I couldn't drive, I could hardly sit up, and moving around had to be done very very carefully.

You might also talk to a chiropractor or acupuncturist.

braveharlot said...

@EyeceKnits: I'm cautiously optimistic. Though yesterday was not good with the dizzy spells, today has been pretty much spell-free. I'm hoping it just buggers off on its own.

Though it sucks that you went through something similar, I'm relieved to have someone to relate to on this. I've been feeling like my brains have been trying to escape out of my ears, and it is good to know I'm not the only one. So, thank you for sharing your experience. :)