Sunday, June 30, 2013

Touring

Today was the first day of the Tour de Fleece. I got one bobbin filled with a thick/thin yarn that I'm planning on trying to make some beehive yarn with, and I'm working on a purple bamboo/nylon/superwash merino fiber I picked up in Estes. I split it in half, and surprisingly (for me), I'm going to be trying to get a 2 ply out of it. I almost never do 2 ply yarn, as the lack of matching yardage tends to drive me insane. However, I wanted to spin a little thicker today, so navajo plying it would make for quite a thick, short yarn. So, I go outside of my comfort zone.

Also, I started washing the CVM/Romney fleece I picked up. This is going to be the first full fleece I've processed. Starting weight: 2.5 lbs.

I'll try to get some photos...maybe tomorrow, maybe not. For tomorrow is ren faire. Ooh...maybe I can bring a drop spindle along and spin in garb. It isn't like my friends aren't already aware that I'm weird. :)

(Delayed post due to internet weirdness last night.)

No comments: