Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yarn makes for fickle loyalties.

Yesterday I went on an adventure to Mitchell, NE to visit the Brown Sheep Co. production facility with the lovely ladies from Your Daily Fiber.

They sell yarn by the pound at a flat rate at the factory store.

Oh. My. Gods. SO MUCH YARN AND FLUFF CAME HOME WITH ME.

Fluff! The brown will be my first goal in the Tour de Fleece.
 
 1 lb cones of sock yarn! (Colours slightly blown out.)

 Lace Weight!

More sock yarn!
 
 Sport weight yarn!

 ZOMG, more sock yarn!

And some worsted weight yarn that really really does not look like this in real life. In person it is a variety of deep shades of berry. And here is where I become fickle; I have cast on a sweater from Knit, Swirl (Thanks, Darcy!) in this berry-coloured yarn, and that is competing with the shawl for attention. (And no, the orange/yellow hank will not be involved in the sweater.) The advantage of the sweater is that it is mostly blind knitting at this point, so I can read and knit at the same time, whereas the shawl is, well. Lace. And, as always, I've got socks on the go that travel with me in my purse. YAAAAAAAAAAARN!

No comments: