Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Since I am certainly not beading...

And since I'm burnt out on beads, I've started working on a quilt that a friend of mine asked for. I've had numerous folks ask how long it takes to make a quilt and I tend to look at them blankly, as I've never really kept track.

Well, I'm going to track this one, just for shits and giggles.

Basic stats: Queen size (oy), 8 colours, relatively basic pattern, insomuch as it doesn't have any fiddly cuts.

The timing thus far:
Background: 2hrs 40 min
Print 1: 30 min
Print 2: 40 min
Total: 3hrs 50min, and I still have 5 more colours to cut. I have a bad feeling about this tracking thing. (Update: I did the border colour and that took 10 min, so I'm up to 4 hours just cutting half of the fabric.)

I was really hoping to get this bad boy cut out entirely today, but I also have to go get my fat ass on the recumbent bike, and then I TA from 6-10. So, we'll see what I get done post bike/shower, if anything. If nothing else, I'll have to clear off the kitchen island (which is a perfect cutting surface!) before I wander off to observe newbie massage therapists take their first class. More names to learn!

No comments: